Pages

For Sale

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Die-namics Design Challenge - Cover-Up Craze

Happy Friday and welcome to this month's Die-namics Design Challenge. This month we're focusing our crafty efforts on the Die-namics Cover-Up background plates. There are so many great designs from which to choose and so many ways to use them. I have three cards to share with you today featuring Stripes & Proof Positive Cover-Up Die-namics.

First up is Stripes in Steel Blue. I've used the shell of the Stripes Cover-Up as my background and topped it with a Razzle Berry felt anchor from Let's Get Nautical.

 
To draw in the gold color of the messy thread, I die cut teeny stars from Die-namics Sailboat and gold embossed the ahoy stamp from Go Overboard.

My second card uses three of the negative stripes from my ahoy card seen above. I love the flexibility that the Cover-Up plates give you - use part of them or the whole kit and caboodle.

Rather than adhering them military straight, I chose to overlap the top two stripes for a softer feel. The sentiment is from Beautiful Baby and is stamped in Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. The depth of the ink faded a bit after I spritzed the entire card front with Mix-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist.

I finished the inside with the remainder of the sentiment and a single Lemon Chiffon star.

My final card is full of fun and color - After Midnight, Summer Splash, Orange Zest and Lush Lagoon. A perfect 'boy card' combination. 

Proof Positive Cover-Up is also a perfect companion to the Level Up stamp set, and with all of the birthday parties George has been invited to lately, it has certainly seen a lot of attention. I love that the tiny background die-cuts can be used as accents in contrasting colors. Almost forgot to mention that this sketch is the current Sketch Challenge #220.

I finished the inside with the same circle-stripe look as the front and threw in a few more 'positives' as well.

You'll find links to all products below and even more creative inspiration for this month's Die-namics Design Challenge at the MFT Blog, so make a stop there when you've finished here. 

Thanks for stopping by!
~Amy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...