Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Jumbo Watercolor Gift Tags

I have a couple of jumbo gift tags today pulling double duty as gift wrap slash birthday card. George is invited to a birthday party for a twin brother and sister, and I thought this was a fun way to go since I was wrapping for two. I'm also linking up with the current Simon Says Monday Challenge: Summer - I mean, what screams summer more than anchors aweigh and fishing, right?!


A closer look at each of the tags...


How to:
The stripes on the anchor tag were made by placing torn strips of Post It tape over my tag as a mask and then color washing distress ink in the open areas. I used the same technique on this card last week. 

I did something similar on the fish tag, this time creating a mask with the waves die from Paper Smooches and filling in the water colored background by smooshing ink from an acetate sheet onto the lower half. To create the mask, simple lay a strip of Post It tape on a piece of scrap paper, die cut it and then peel off the tape (the Post It tape won't stick to the scrap paper) which is now ready to be used as a mask that will stay in place. Cool, huh?! I'm sure I'm not the first one to have told you this trick, but I was so excited about it that I had to share.

Last little tidbit is the sentiment lure sign on the fish tag. After stamping the sentiment from Birthday Buddies, I drew in the sign boxes, fishing line and hook with a Sakura Pigma Micron Pen along with a few squiggles here and there. I actually used the inside straight edge and corner of the tag die as a guide but kept some of the lines non-parallel (is that even a word?) to keep them from looking too perfect. I finished off my luring signs (sorry, couldn't help myself) with my mid-grey Zig Real Color Brush for a matching watercolor look.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

SUPPLIES:

2 comments:

Maura said...

These tags are darn cute! I especially like the little fishes. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for the Monday challenge!

Celeste Goff said...

Love these adorable tags Amy!!! So fun and whimsical!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...